Monday, October 31, 2005

We can send a man to the moon, but...

Why - Do so many items designed for the bathroom RUST? Don't the designers know that the bathroom is a damp, steamy, moist and dare I say it wet place? Or are the items created with planned obsolescence in mind?

Why - Does using the air conditioner in my car result in a trickle of water dripping condensation from the AC, creating a messy puddle once I park? The designers know this is going to happen - can't this water be captured and funneled into the radiator overflow tank? I'd need to top off the coolant less often this way, and there would be less mess. Or hey, here's a concept - insulate the AC, so there's no condensation.

Why - When using squeezable bottles of ketchup, does the little nozzle make a sound as if someone passed gas - can't we invent a spout that's designed like a duck call? When you're making a sandwich, hearing "Quack! Quack!" would be a lot more appealing to the appetite, even if it would make sneaking a midnight snack more difficult.

~~~~~~~~

New book review posted!

7 comments:

  1. Ah, the problems of 21st century life Mike. I think you've posed some unanswerable questions there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conversely, why don't they make ducks that make a farting sound when you squeeze them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does the sun go on shining
    Why does the sea rush to shore
    Don't they know it's the end of the world
    'Cause you don't love me any more

    Why do the birds go on singing
    Why do the stars glow above
    Don't they know it's the end of the world
    It ended when I lost your love

    I wake up in the morning and I wonder
    Why everything's the same as it was
    I can't understand, no, I can't understand
    How life goes on the way it does

    Why does my heart go on beating
    Why do these eyes of mine cry
    Don't they know it's the end of the world
    It ended when you said goodbye

    Do you have a little tune playing in your head now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of crappy bathrooms (pardon the pun)...

    Before I moved into my current apartment, the managers covered both tubs with a layer of paint. Don't ask me why. Now, all that paint is peeling up and there's mold and mildew beneath it. I don't think it was any kind of special bathtub paint (if there is any such thing); I can't figure out for the life of me why they thought it'd be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, yes life is rough for us. (We are so spoiled)!

    Kato, you're a very bad man.

    Bad Morgan, getting a song stuck in my head on your first vist!!

    Scooter - the only reason I can think of would be so they could rent the place out without first making costly repairs. Complain loudly until they fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You put ketchup on your sandwiches?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't actually put ketchup on my sandwiches, no. I originally said 'mayo' and then I changed it, because I thought ketchup was more universal.

    I only put ketchup on french fries.

    ReplyDelete