Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Hot Food is Good

We've all sat down with our microwaved bowl of food goodness, scooped a forkful to our mouths, and chewed with frustration as half the bite is cold, and the other half is steamy.

True, this effect is minimized if you obey the directions and stir thoroughly, and let the cooked food rest for a minute or two before devouring.

chicken leg, undercookedThis is the 21st Century, dammit. If we can't invent a microwave that cooks evenly - how about an infrared camera built into the box?

There would be a handy screen for viewing the results - the blue, orange and red blobs on the screen would tell us at a glance if the food was warmed consistently.
.
GE, get to work. Thank you.

9 comments:

  1. Thermal vision on a microwave? Ingenious! Etcher for King of the World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a minor problem with this innovation. I would end up spending hours in front of the microwave staring at the screen as I heated everything from a cup of water to a pair of tennis shoes. I'd never get anything else done and the microwave would be burned out in less than 6 months.

    Granted, this may not be a bad thing for sales, as selling a microwave to the same person every six months is a great way to boost volume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CK - We'd just have to slap a sticker on the micro that said "not for entertainment purposes" and it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean we wouldn't have to eat our lunches directly over the microwave, popping the Tupperware back in after every 3 bites? Sure, take all the fun out of lunch with your hi-tech gizmos....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be a boon for every stoner household.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta agree with CK.

    "Hey! I woder what the cat would look like in there!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paulius, I'm afraid we really are thinking very much along the same lines here. My original comment said "as I heated everything from a cup of water to my neighbor's cat", but I thought that might be too much. I guess not, or at least I'm not alone in thinking it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If only ideas were pennies.

    ReplyDelete