Monday, October 03, 2005

Issues with My Expectations of "Grown-Up"

Contemporary "Grown Up" roles aren't what they were 50 years ago. It's now perfectly acceptable to be a 40 year old man, collect toys and comic books, and proudly admit this to one and all without fear of a blanket party during your next trip to the bathroom.

I do work in the video games industry, but it's still odd to be at work and:

a) My boss just sang a few lines of "Who Let the Dogs Out" in a completely justified and work-related manner during a business meeting.

b) The work fridge is filled with equal parts junkfood and alcohol.

c) We discussed '
We Love Katamari' for at least twenty minutes and got paid for it.

~~~~~~~~

Have you voted yet?

10 comments:

  1. Man, my job sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh.....

    Yeah- that about sums it up for me too, Invisible Lizard- I was happy with my new job til I read that too.

    Some people- not mentioning any names-(MC ETCHER)- have all the luck......

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet you get paid better than I do, though.

    And can talk to family about your career with more pride than I can...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Etcher, are you on crack? If I worked in the video games industry, I'd become gloaty Gloaterson overnight. I could also classify all night gaming sessions as 'research'.

    Oh, and thank you for mentionioning 'We Love Katamari'. The theme song will be in my head all day now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Paulius! If I can entangle just one person a day with a random song, I can die happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with just about all of what's been said so far except for one thing:

    Never, under any circumstances, no matter what your industry is, it acceptable to sing "Who Let The Dogs Out." Singing that song should come with a prison sentence unless you are one of the Baha Men...then it should come with a death sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CK - Any other songs we shouldn't sing around you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay...Katamari scared me...I didnt even have the courage to hit the download button...I was spooked!

    What is wrong with me???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing's wrong with you... Katamari is a pretty odd game.

    It's silly, but lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, well, some of us work in alcohol-free environments. You can't tell me he sang that song sober. It all ties together.

    Katamari drunk, sober, it doesn't matter, it's still strangely addictive.

    ReplyDelete