Monday, February 21, 2005

Bally Blah's

I just spent my lunch hour signing up for a membership at Bally's Total Fitness. The place is nicely equipped, the people were very friendly, but I feel like I have been swindled.

Now, I knew which membership plan I wanted to get when I went. And that's the plan I got. Actually cheaper than I expected. I wasn't talked into any weird extras, nothin.

And yet, I feel like I have been swindled. That somewhere buried in the fine print is an agreement to offer up my first born. There was a lot of fast talkin, upbeat chatter about the plans, contractual-speke that it felt like I was buying a car, or a house.

Just, an uneasy feeling. But Liz has been going to this place for months, and has nothing but good things to say. She and I will be going in the mornings, about 7am, work out for an hour, and then on to our disparate work places.

I'm gonna need a padlock, a water bottle, sneakers and mebbe a towel. It's gonna be weird, showering at the gym. I have not done that since high school...

No comments:

Post a Comment