Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Yikes! What Now??

Note to self - I had new tires put on the truck yesterday. In a year when I can't remember, I can look it up using the search function.

Holy Hoo Haa! That author's agent called me! (I'd written them about buying the rights to one of her works, for publishing on Ideagateway.com) They left a message on my cell, and I have not listened to it yet cause I'm too nervous. How silly is that? It's a message, it can't rush me, put me on the spot, etc. It's after 5pm in NY now, so I'm sure they're gone for the day. I can listen at my leisure and get back to them tomorrow. But what do I say? They're going to ask questions, so many questions! I need to get into the right mindset...

Went to the gym today, as per usual. Today is only the second day. My muscles are all rubbery, and I feel awkward. Also, my arm was a little shakey earlier with a little tremble. I'm really out of shape! Nothing bad, but I'm feeling the effects of finally using my muscles.

Still waiting for the Bratz people to pay me. If my check doesn't come by Friday, I'm allowed to be annoyed. I'm annoyed now, but I mean publicly annoyed, with the writing of the "where's my paycheck?!" emails.

I sent an email to Rite Aid (a drugstore), making a suggestion. See, when you pay with your debit card, 2 receipts are printed. One receipt goes in the drawer, and one receipt is handed to the customer. The problem is, the first receipt to be printed is the one that goes in the drawer. So you're standing there waiting for a receipt you don't want (cause I won't need to return this Nestle Crunch Bar, really.) while the cashier is handling the paperwork. Who at corporate thought that these steps were good ones? Did they test them? I don't think so.

Also, you have to fill out an awful lot of personal information to send Rite Aid an email. Name, address, phone, mother's maiden, etc. You'd think they'd want to streamline the process, to promote feedback from the customers. Guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment