Monday, February 28, 2005

A New Short Story.

So yeah.
Not a lot went on today, I didn't do a lick of work.
Wait. Actually, I talked about work for about 2 minutes, and answered a work-related email.

No check from Brats, surprise.
Whatever. I'll just wait a few weeks and sue them.

I wrote a short story today!
I'm really proud of it.

The idea came to me at about 4:00, and started to simmer...
By 4:20 I was typing feverishly.

When 5:30 came (when I usually leave work)
I felt obliged to stay and finish the story.

I finally finished it about 6:00.
It's not very long, like 1550 words.

It's the best thing I've ever written, and it literally brought tears to my eyes as I was writing it. (Wow, strong and manly I know.)

That's never happened before...
Does that mean it's really well done, moving? I dunno.
I'll try to publish it and see what happens.

I have not written a short story for years. I just checked my files, and it looks like 2 years. Jeez, that's a long time. Of course, now that I've started again, I'll keep it up for a while. I've done a lot of writing in that time, just not short stories.

Here's a link, for the interested.
It's called Just Around the Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment