Tuesday, February 08, 2005

No Canned Critters Here

It's Tuesday. Business as usual, really. Umm. I reserved Ideagateway.com from the hosting service. There was a snafu, and they charged me the regular price, instead of the sale price. $70 instead of $40. Still waiting for them to credit my acct.

I was kinda in a hurry to reserve the hosting, since I sent that letter to NP's agent and told them about Ideagateway, my online magazine was interested in buying rights to one of her unpublished works - In the Blood. Just imagine if they agree! And imagine if I could afford it! It's gonna be like $3000, and I'd happily pay that if I had it. But I don't.

Our writing group met last night, and went well. We came up with a name for the group, Jarbled Jive. We were all throwing out silly suggestions, and that one struck us as the best one. Liz came up with it, you go girl. So mote it be.

We'll be posting our works there from now on, at least one example of each person's work every week. Each of us comes up with an exercise, and the three of us write on that topic for ten minutes. A lot of them are silly exercises, but it's fun - and hey when 10 minutes is up, you have a paragraph or two that you didn't have before.

We'll also be working on longer works on our own through the week. I'll be writing the first story for FictionInteractive. I'll probably borrow some work time to do some work on that. It's a mystery entitled 'Distressed'. That's the 'arts-and-crafts' related title, not the 'Damsel in' title.

Cindy and I have a thriving barter system running now. She helps out with the chores and shopping, and I do her laundry. Works for me. A few minutes of work one morning (no one uses the laundry at 6:30am) for help through the week? Done deal!

Barter, we should use you more often in the present day. Too much love of money. Barter is very handy. I wonder if illegal activities (like, say, prostitution) would still be illegal if barter was used. I wonder how the laws are worded - is it the money, or the services that's the problem?

Since sex isn't illegal, I'm guessing it's the money...

No comments:

Post a Comment