Sunday, February 06, 2005

Wow! Consumer says "I like!"

Holy cow, if you have not tried this, you should! I was scrubbing the walls in the bedroom (cause, you know, there's nothing on TV on Sunday afternoon) and I came to that wall where the pillows rub against the wall.

You know the smudgy blur of pillowcase color that rubs off onto the wall (when you use cheap linens like we do) that you have to practically scrub the paint off the wall to remove?

Well, no longer! I tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, which is this innocuous white spongy material, and with nothing but water, the smudgy funk was gone! And I wasn't scrubbing my fingers off, either. Just wiping forcefully.

You know, I complain a lot about things that don't work well or that are poorly designed, but this product ROCKS! If you gotta scrub walls, (and you know, if you want your deposit back, you'll have to scrub walls at some point) scrub with this! It's excellent.

One point I'd like to make though - the little white spongy thing goes away as you use it. I don't know if it dissolves or goes back to Nirvana or The Happy Hunting Ground, but it becomes less and less a sponge and more and more a fragment as you use it.

That's fine, no problem. Anything that works this well (violating The Third Law of Thermodynamics) has to hide from Universal Physics Paradox by shifting into the forth dimension. So my point is, if you have a lot of wall to clean, get a bunch of these, because while they are amazing, they fall apart after X amount of wall is scrubbed.

- - Additional: Per an anonymous Mr. Clean representative, the sponge goes to Valhalla, and is lovingly tended by voluptuous Valkyries for eternity, for their good service. Hear hear.

4 comments:

  1. Mike, dude, you are scaring me.
    You wipe down your walls? regularly?

    If I must, I might pull gum out of the carpet with a bit of Goo-Be-Gone . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike,
    Squirreleymojo says you might be able to help me with my problem. How do you correct misspellings without deleting your entire post? That's the only thing I don't like about blogging. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wall scrubbing. Yeah, I do. Just spot cleaning, here and there, every month or so. It's not like I scrub them from top to bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correcting spellings! No problem. Here's how you do it:

    a) To correct spellings in a post you have not yet published, click the 'check spelling' button (looks like a checkmark with 'abc' next to it) within the 'compose' toolbar.

    The 'check spelling' feature will automatically scan the text of your post.

    Note - If you have pop-up blocking enabled, the 'check spelling' feature may be disabled by your PC. If so, you'll have to use the security settings of your browser to add Blogger.com to your trusted sites.

    b) To correct spellings in a post that you have already published, click on the 'edit posts' link.

    Choose the post that you'd like to modify by clicking the 'edit' button at the left of the blog's title.

    Once you are on the page which allows you to once again type into your published blog, click the 'check spelling' button within the 'compose' toolbar.

    I hope this description helps! If I was vague about a detail, and you need more info, let me know!

    ReplyDelete