Thursday, July 21, 2005

Honk if you're...thorny?

I couldn't think of anything to blog about yesterday... Maybe it was just the heat, I dunno. I was busy at work, where I'm usually not busy, and where I usually post my blog. So there you go.

I was walking around the block during lunch yesterday - as is my custom - and someone driving by in a car did the 'Hey Honk'. Since there was no one else around, I assumed it was meant for me.

I looked, and it was four landscaping guys, in their work vehicle. Had they read my blog about genetically engineered grass, and wanted to offer me some props? It seemed not. They drove away.

I'm still waiting for the day when the ladies of the world see me as honk worthy. When I was single, I was told "once you're taken, the ladies will find you irresistible." But I've been taken for nigh on a decade now, and nothin.

Now it's "Daddies with babies are super hot." So it seems I have to breed in order to be desirable. Kinda awkward, that.

I'm not hoping to cheat, but it would be flattering to turn an interested gal aside with "Sorry, I'm married."

I'm one of those people who is getting better looking with age. I have a hodge podge of lopsided features that is slowly becoming worn smoother with the erosion of time.

My luck will be, when I turn 80 I'll finally start getting propositioned, when I don't care any more or can't do anything about it if I do.

5 comments:

  1. LOL- Okay- so let's review.......James Doohan fathered a child when he was 80.....so did Tony Randal.......just because there's snow on the top of the mountain does NOT mean there's not a volcano underneath.

    Age has NOTHING to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay- before I get in the sh*t with Cindy- let me just point out that with women- age certainly DOES have something to do with it. The chances for birth defects goes up dramaticly after age 35....so that's certainly a significant thing to consider.

    I have to be fair, don't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because you can, doesn't mean you do! Geriatric Dads need NOT apply! 35 or 40, sure. 80, eww. And so completely unfair for the kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to comment:

    >HONK HONK<

    Etch-a, you're hot!


    but then I felt all awkward and weird . . .

    ReplyDelete