Wednesday, July 13, 2005

No Sir, I Don't Like it.

I was never into sports as a kid. My family wasn't into sports, either - which is probably why I don't go to games, or watch them on TV. Sometimes I'll catch part of the Superbowl, but that's more for the commercials than the game.

I like watching the Summer Olympics though. When it's not showing footage of swimming. And when aren't they? Just can't get into watching swimming. Can't connect with it. But I digress.

I think my main complaint with sports is how chaotic all the player trades are. How am I supposed to develop a life-long love for The Lakers when in five years, half the team is made up of different members than when I started? Coaches and managers change, teams change to whole different cities, new teams appear out of nowhere.

Imagine if the same thing happened on TV. CSI Miami abruptly moves to Moscow during season three. During the first season, Mandy Pantinkin plays Rube on Dead Like Me. During season two, it's suddenly Alan Arkin as Rube. Don't get me wrong, Alan kicks ass, but he's not Mandy.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should pick a handfull of players and let your love for them lead you around to different teams? Until they get hurt or retire of course. Then you need a second string to pull from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the sound of any of that TV lineup...Horrible!!

    Nice comparison tho!!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete