Thursday, July 28, 2005

Thanks, Short Attention Span!

I walk around the block during breaks and lunch.

There's a little shopette in the complex, which I pass on my way out of the buildings. It sells everything from coffee and iced cream to muffins and cookies.

As I walk past, I think "Maybe I'll get a muffin and a Frappucino on the way back in".

And 99% of the time, I forget about getting a snack until I'm back in the elevator, on my way up to the office.

ADD be praised, my waistline thanks you.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO- I do the same thing with the Krispy Kreme doughnut place. I'll drive past it and think I'll pick up a half dozen for the week on the way home. Then completely forget about it and take a different route home.

    I love he blueberry filled ones, the lemon filled ones, and the chocolate glazed.

    Why do we torture ourselves when we KNOW it's not good for us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's good for something!
    At least you aren't tempted to walk back down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only it were that easy for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete