Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Unfinished Sympho...

I like really big personal projects. The wide-open possibilities appeal to me strongly, and it's all about the potential, what I can do with it, where it might lead, what I'll learn in the process.

Then I get into the actual work of it, and the project rarely gets completed. Not because I'm lazy - so much as the next idea comes along, and I'm enticed away as if by a siren song.

Often, I get a few books on the subject matter and learn enough to realize why my idea won't work, is far too expensive, or has already been done - which is fine, I researched the concept.

But still, it would be nice to finish a project more often. I'll make it a mid-year's resolution.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I love making thing too. There's nothing more fun and rewarding that having an idea, and going ahead and creating something.

    It's actually one of my personal catchphrases..."I've just come up with the idea that's going to make me millions".

    IE - Slippers with LED lights on the front so you don't stub your toe in the dark...voice activated TV...Green low powered lights on the front of cars, so you don't dazzle other drivers (for lit streets only).

    I also have the same curse. I have an idea, then totally lose interest when the next idea comes along.

    That my explain why my old PC had about 900,000 words of unfinished novels on it.

    ReplyDelete