Friday, September 17, 2004

Blech Gaarf Ack!

Friday fun! After a week of 'hurry up and wait' at work, we finally have a new task - a play through of the single player mode. At least that will take up some time.

I need fruit for the work fridge, and will be going to the grocery store at lunch time to get resupplied. Note to self - get a hair cut next week.

Going to see 'Sky Captain' with Ed tonight - Hope it's good. Cindy has elected to stay home and work on schedules and whatnot. It needs done, but ugh, all that paperwork must get old. I think I'd be spreading the paperwork between myself and my two assistant managers, if I were the boss...

I cleaned up the clutter in the guest room this morning - it was a mess after I threw everything from the living room into it. I threw some stuff away, shoved some crap into the closet, and tried to clear up the floorspace so Cindy could have access to the window, where she hangs her clothes.

After cleaning, I was in a disgruntled mood and sat down in front of the computer anyway. I couldn't muster the oomph to work on the web site today. That's fine, I'll have this weekend to look at it. Never design disgruntled.

I'd worked on the front page for Fiction Interactive last night, and it came out pretty fugly. The main logo is just too busy to use in a large size, I think. I may to go to the small version at the top left, and then find some attractive way of laying out the genre selections.

Right now the genres are: Mystery, Horror, Romance, Espionage, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, and Erotica. Only 'Mystery' will be active intially, with the other choices greyed out. I'm going to put in a survey/voting feature that lets users vote on which genre will be the next to be active.

No comments:

Post a Comment