Thursday, September 02, 2004

Thickly and Sticky

It's a still, humid day today. It was hot at 7am. I was glad to come to work where I could enjoy air conditioning. I was given a new PC on which to test the game, because my old one was producing really long load times, and a bunch of A and B issues. I think Eugune worked some dark magic on these new components, just to get these bugs closed.

I went to Fed Ex during lunch and shipped back the violin that arrived in error. Hopefully in a week or two I'll get my money back from Sam Ash. $200 is nothing to sneeze at. After Fed Ex, I went to the grocery store and got a bunch of fruit, more cereal, some draino, you know the usual.

Speaking of the violin, I need to get Cindy some lessons before we forget about it and we realize it's been a year since she got it, and never touched it. She was playing with it the other day, but you really need lessons to get rolling. Maybe some day I'll get a dulcimer. Hey, if Cindy, Liz and I ever learn to play, we could be a band. A Violin, Guitar, and Dulcimer would sound pretty good together.

I was hoping for a laptop for my birthday this year (was gonna split it wi Cindy), but it doesn't look like it's in the cards. We've been trying to pay off the dentist (Just a few more months) and the truck needs a bunch of work - new tires, air conditioner switch, and it's been running rough lately. Maybe it's just old, but I'll have to see what Frank (Our Mechanic Extraordinaire) can do with it.

I'd like to get new furniture, too. The stuff we have in the living room really needs to be trashed. Ah well, never enough cash to do everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment