Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Step by Step With the New Solution...

The home computer is fixed! I gave in and did the scary thing - I told the truth. I told one of the programmers that I'd taken the game home and installed it.

He was very nice and told me how to fix the problem. I was worried about his reaction, but he took it in stride. Now I wish I'd asked sooner, instead of waiting for like 3 days. Now we have our desktop icons, taskbar, and start button back. You miss those icons when they're gone, let me tell you!

Things are hopping at work, lots of new bugs have been entered - most of them French and Spanish text - and we're supposed to be Gold on Friday. I'd be amazed if we were actually ready. We need at least another week. There's a lot of bugs left in this game, I can feel it.

Cindy's Regional Manager was very pleased with the store on her visit, which is good. Cindy has really been sweating this visit and putting in lots of extra hours. I'm glad they paid off!

She works too hard. And of course, she's salary, so no extra cash for all that work. If I can help it, I won't take a salaried job again. It's the only thing that keeps an employer from working you to death. There's always more work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment