Friday, September 10, 2004

Craving Apple Fritters and Milk

We've submitted the final candiate of the game, here at work - just last night in fact - so this should mark the end of overtime, for a few weeks at least. I guess it depends on what the guys up north find during their evaluation of the build we gave them.

I got some good work done on the web site last night. I really don't know why I go home and work some more after working all day, but I do it. I guess I know that if I don't work on the site every day, it will never get finished.

I got the story selection page reorganized after browsing the web for ideas on layout. Everything on the web is so damn tiny. All the buttons, icons, and text is mini mini. I fear for the day when my eyes go bad and I can no longer enjoy the internet.

Got a bad headache last night about midnight, and it took about an hour and a half for the advil to kick in. Cindy was a sweetie and took a walk with me around the apartment complex. It was cooler outside, but still very humid.

I'm considering an air conditioner. You can get them for about $130 nowadays. We're usually pretty good to go with the weather, a nice breeze is usually blowing. But there is about a month every year that is pretty uncomfortable. I'd say that $130 is worth being comfortable for that month... Plus, what if this is just a hot year? And we suffer for months before breaking down and buying an AC.

No comments:

Post a Comment