Monday, November 01, 2004

The Choice Has Been Made

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, I have decided what to write for the NaNoWriMo contest. I'll be writing the Bunker story, a Reality TV show gone wrong, wrong, oh so wrong.

It was a good weekend, with much laziness (on my part). Michelle worked a few hours on Saturday, and was off with me on Sunday. We went out for lunch, then to a Mystery bookstore (a cute little Mom and Pop place) and then took a nice walk at Redondo Beach.

Michelle had some work to do at home, and then she helped me narrow down my options for the writing contest. I wrote about 530 words this morning, off to a good start!

Today at work is going well, entered the last of the bugs I made notes for. We've probably entered about 40 bugs in the last fews days. Brian and I are supposed to amscray this afternoon for about a half hour, I think I'll just take a long lunch and do some more writing.


Also, Michelle and I discussed the moving idea, and it does seem to make more sense that I keep on working, and we save money to move to our next state. I'll go to school later. I will. If I don't become rich first. LOL.

I wrote a few hundred words during lunch, no worries. The beginning has been easy - tying everything together is harder, making the reader care about the characters and what happens to them is harder.

Right now I'm just introducing the characters, so that's easy. I spent lunch on the roof of the parking structure, sitting in the truck. I kept expecting someone to shoo me off, since I was the only one parked up there. I think tomorrow I'll sit at a table in the courtyard. Before 2pm, I think - as the sun leaves the courtyard about that time and I'd rather enjoy the sun.

I also made a list of rooms for the bunker - I'd like to sketch out a diagram of the floorplan for the bunker and control room while I'm at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment