Monday, November 29, 2004

Sad, Sad, Sad

Well, I had a really nice Thanksgiving weekend, and didn't get very much writing done. I got a few thousand words each on Friday and Saturday, but that's all. Nowhere near the huge amount I needed. Sigh. This means that I'm only about half way to the 50,000 word goal for the end of the month.

I really don't know how the people that have done it did it. I don't write that slowly... I guess it's my attention span. I can't really spend more than four hours a day writing.

According to Chris (the founder of NaNoWriMo), you should be able to write about 2000 words in an hour and a half to two hours. Jeez, that's a lot of writing in a short time. It's not like I'm spending time editing, or sitting there blankly staring at a blank page. I'm writing!

So I'm around 24,000 words right now, which is more than I have written for any one story - My forgotten novel, 'Suffer' was the next closest, with around 22,000 I think.
Enough of the novel ramblings.

I went out to the movies with Julio and Liz yesterday afternoon, and had a good time! First, I met up with Michelle at her store and I took lunch with her at the food court. Then Liz showed up, and Michelle had to get back to work.

It was an early birthday celebration for Liz, her actual B-Day is today. After Michelle went back to work, Liz and I waited together for Julio to arrive. We went to see 'Finding Neverland' there at the Galleria where Michelle works.

Julio then drove us over to L-A Wok, a chinese restaurant. They were playing weird musak, these funky synth covers of oldies and Christmas songs that were really funny, and we had a good time laughing at them.

In the evening, Michelle and I relaxed and watched tv. I knew that I'd have to come back to work today and didn't wanna.

I spent a few minutes this morning working on the Ohio pics from my trip in October. I need to get them finished and put up on MeeMurr.com! Ditto for Michelle's Florida trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment