Wednesday, November 03, 2004

New PC for the Peeps!

It's a slow day at work, so slow that I decided to test out the installer - which takes a good 40 minutes, just to give myself something of a project. I did find two bugs, so it wasn't in vain, but still, deadly dull.

Mom and Dad got their computer today! My sister and I chipped in to buy it together, and it's gonna be the family's Christmas present. My Mom was really tickled when I spoke to her on the phone, she's really missed having the computer. Mostly, she just uses it to email me, but she also plays some games.

Work is progressing on the novel, I'm up to 1783 words total, 407 of those I wrote this morning.
I was separating my sections with five asterisks, like so ***** ...until I relized each asterisk was being counted as its own word in the 'word count' function. So that was throwing the word count off by 5 words per section, making it seem like I had slightly more than I had. Ugh.

So I removed the asterisks and recounted. 1783 words. Not too bad, but I'm behind. The expected estimate is about 1670 words a day, so there you go. I should have written my current amount in one day, not three days. If I keep up this rate, I'll be done at the end of January. No good! If I catch up to where I should be by the end of today, I should be up to 5010 words. That's a lot!


To catch up, I'll have to write 3227 words tonight. I'll probably get some writing done tonight while Michelle is working - if I see her before midnight, I'll be surprised. Plus, there's always the weekend - I should have loads of time on Saturday and Sunday to get some writing done.

No comments:

Post a Comment