Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Draggin Butt

I stayed up past my beddy bye time last night, watching 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' and didn't get to sleep until like 1:30am.

It was hard to drag my tired butt out of bed, and I was dragging. Did a little half assed exercising, and then sat down in front of the computer. I pecked out a few hundred words, nothing I'm very proud of.

I'm not really feeling the writing vibe today, I'll have to do what I can to cultivate it. Liz is going to be coming over tonight, spending the night as part of the Turkey Day Extravaganza. We'll play some games, have a good old time. I need to make sure I get today's writing done asap, so I can kick back and relax without feeling like I'm neglecting my word count.

I'm still in a difficult part of the book. I've only just revealed the scenario, and I've yet to describe the bunker folk's reactions and emotions and so on. It's a difficult dynamic, to juggle ten people. I've left two of them unconscious for now, so it's eight people, but still. How would I react to the end of the world? And how do you present eight people simultaneously losing their minds? I'm gonna have to marinate on that. Once I'm past this part, the going should be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment