Thursday, November 11, 2004

ZZZZzzzz

Today has been dead at work. I entered a couple of very minor bugs just to have something to do - it only took a few minutes. Been a long slow day. The build we have will be a week old tomorrow, and according to the database, only 8 bugs have been fixed in a week. There are over 150 open issues, and about 3 weeks to fix most of them. They better get their asses in gear. But they won't. And I'll end up with overtime.

I've been having trouble with the door lock on my truck - it took me a good 30 seconds to open it this morning. I went across the street during lunch and bought some WD40 and used some on the lock. Seemed to help, we'll see how it works, if it improves. I'll also use the WD40 on the exercise bike at home, it's been hella squeaky lately.

I haven't got any writing done today, but I made a chart detailing a lot of the personal traits of the bunker and control people - I think the chart will help the writing process. I wasn't in the zone to write, so I worked on character stuff instead. That kind of work counts too.

And I came up with an improved title, 'Speaking to the 4th Wall'. I don't know if anyone will like the title - I don't know that I do - but I wanted something other than 'The Bunker' and this is the best I've come up with to date. If it should by some quirk of fate get published, they'll probably change the title anyway. Whatevers.

Michelle is working a split shift today, she opened, and is home napping right now, and then will go in about 6pm to work a few more hours and close the store. Knowing her, she'll be there late... Unless she opens tomorrow, I can't recall. Um. I think she was off Friday originally, but may have to work due to some people being sick. I dunno.

We watched Shrek 2 on DVD last night, it was good. I think it was better the first time, since its strongest element is surprise. I'd planned to lock myself in the guest room and force myself to write, but by the time we were done with the movie, it was after 10 and I was getting sleepy. I should have skipped the movie and went right to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment